Saturday 26 July 2014

Pure Joy, The Move, Little Miss Cutie: A Random Post

We finally bought a Jolly Jumper for little Bekah. It was so fun watching her jump in it for the first time. She jumped and twirled and had a big grin glued to her face, even a few giggles came out. All I could think to describe her emotions was "pure joy!" This phrase "pure joy" then reminded me of a Bible verse I know quite well.

James 1:2-4 says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

For some reason (strongly connected to my sinful nature) having "pure joy" while going through trials doesn't seem to come too naturally to me. Actually, quite the opposite! But this verse is a good reminder to be joyful even when life is hard.

Honestly, this move has been a lot easier than I thought it would be, sure I still have some bad days, but I think it has been waaaay easier than when I had to make the adjustment to suddenly becoming a newly married-pastor's wife-living in a tiny apartment-in a new town! Compared to that this seems not too bad. Although, I do miss my big crazy family :) Hopefully I'll get some visits soon (wink wink ;)) Looking back though, I think we grew a lot in our first year of marriage and that church soon began to feel like family to us, just for the record :)

Anywho, I'm going to skip ahead to a couple pictures of little miss cutie!

I've found Bekah like this in the morning quite a few times before I ever remembered to bring my camera! Crazy Kiddo!

Just going on a walk. Still sporting the toque made my Grandma Toews, although it's a bit tight :)

Enjoying her Jolly Jumper. This picture doesn't do it justice AT ALL! For some reason my other Jolly Jumper Pics wouldn't upload and I didn't think I could write a post about her bouncin' without putting any pictures up.

I took Bekah "swimming" for her first time ever. I'm thankful that this small town has a pool :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking Bekah needs a new touque in a bigger size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya! Maybe for next winter :)

    ReplyDelete