Saturday 21 June 2014

Hi, I'm New Here!

It's kind of funny that I've started writing a blog.

I never thought I'd be one of those blogg-y people.. but here I am. 

I guess the reason I've started this blog is because...
  • 11 days from now we are moving 6 hours west to the town in Saskatchewan where my husband grew up. We bought a house and officially "got the keys" yesterday, even though we haven't left the province yet. Although my husband (Jared) will be close to his family, I am leaving most of my family and friends behind. I'm hoping this blog will help bridge the gap.
  • My mom and dad are grandparents to our adorable almost-4 month old daughter Bekah. When we told my parents that we were planning on moving my dad said, "That's fine.. but Bekah stays here!" So hopefully this way they will still feel "close" to their granddaughter.
  • I am getting pretty sick of facebook. It's wasting my time. I'm checking it way too often and it's just starting to bore me! I'm seriously considering deleting it. We'll see...
  • My sister-in-law kind of encouraged me to write one. I told her that although I like to read blogs, I just wouldn't know what to say. She said I wouldn't even have to say very much, I could just post pictures so that my family could see what happens in our little home...A PHOTO BLOG?? That doesn't seem so hard... thus the idea was born.

6 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm excited to read this and knowing that you're reading my blog, might encourage me to keep up a little more regularly. Happy moving! Would love to see pics of your house. Wallpaper and all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also happy that you are joining the "blog world." Was hoping to meet little Bekah before you left the province so she may not be so little when I do meet her. However, blessings to you & your family as you begin a new life in another province & looking forward to reading about your activities here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm aboard! Post often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the name of your blog - very original :) !

    Looking forward to having you closer to your Klaassen family! When your Toews family comes out to visit you, we have two spare rooms ready to go if you ever need the extra room. They are all welcome!

    ReplyDelete